Signs of Problem Gambling
In our practice at Kuldip Counselling, we often treat clients with a gambling addiction or soon-to-be addiction. Below, we will explain for you what are some of the signs of problem gambling. If you have a problem with gambling, many of these things below—but not necessarily all—will apply to you.
- Do you often miss parties or get-togethers because you’re gambling?
- Do you find you don’t have enough money left to pay for your important monthly bills?
- Are you taking money from savings or selling personal items to cover your debts?
- Are you making financial decisions and transactions without consulting your significant other for the purposes of gambling?
- Are you ruining yourself financially from gambling losses?
- Are you self-medicating with drugs or alcohol to deaden the pain of gambling losses?
- Are you spending more time alone because being with others cuts into your gambling time?
- Have you missed important appointments or dates because you were gambling?
- Do you routinely lie about where you were instead of saying that you were gambling?
- Are you at risk of losing your job over gambling?
- Do you find yourself more and more irritable and depressed?
- Are you in denial that you have a problem with gambling?
These are some of the common signs that gambling is seriously interfering with your normal life. If the signs listed on this page apply to you, then please fill out the form on this page, and let us help you.